Have you heard about Google+, but haven’t had time or an invite to try it out? Here are the first things you need to know about Google’s new social media platform:
- It’s positioned as a competitor to Facebook. Much of the interface and functionality in Google+ is similar to Facebook.
- It separates your circles of friends and co-workers so that you have quick and easy control over who sees what.
- It comes with a cool video conferencing platform, which Facebook has quickly worked to duplicate.
- Google’s throwing all the resources it can at this, even going so far as basing 25% of employees’ bonuses on the success of the social network.
- If you want to leave, you can. Google makes it easy to use their “data liberation” tool to take all your pictures and information off.
We’re all still experimenting with Google+. If you’d like to try it out to, let one of us know: